Spend Amtrak points

I’m about to lose my Amtrak points.

Dear Maiki,

On 08/16/2019 your Amtrak Guest Rewards® points will expire. You have 1,984 points you could redeem for things like Amtrak® reward travel, hotels, and other rewards. Points in your account expire when there has been no qualifying activity for 24 months. The good news is, there are some simple things you can do to save them:

Book a trip
and travel with Amtrak

Redeem points
for travel, upgrades and more

Buy, share or gift points

Transfer points
from another program

Earn points through our
partner offers
Survey Points Club,
where you can earn easily and at no cost just by completing surveys

We value your loyalty and hope you’ll take advantage of one of these options to save your points.

I used to take the train more often. But if I don’t need to, it’s better for the environment if I don’t. And I don’t think I have enough points to buy anything, and I don’t belong to other reward systems. Hmmm.

1 Like

You know what is messed up?? (because I looked into this) it costs money to gift points. Like, $X per 100 point block. So annoying.

Okay, so I’m looking this up, and a plan is arriving. First of all, I have so few points, I can hardly afford any prize… except buying carbon!

Unfortunately, their site sucks so much, I’ve got to screenshot some parts:

Screenshot_2019-07-17%20Ways%20to%20Redeem%20Retail%20Amtrak%20Guest%20Rewards

For 1,000 or 2,000 points I can send funds to carbonfund.org. So let’s verify that’s okay.

Screenshot_2019-07-17%20Buy%20Transfer%20Points%20Amtrak%20Guest%20Rewards

As an Amtrak Guest Rewards member, you can share your points with someone else.

Neat, I might be able to either give my spare points, or receive points to buy carbon, from folks that also don’t have a lot. Or I can give all my points to someone that uses the train for their daily commute, to offset costs.

So something to consider… and moving to Slow Tech Support. :slight_smile:

Screenshot_2019-08-15%20Ways%20to%20Redeem%20Retail%20Amtrak%20Guest%20Rewards

ITEM ORDERED: 1 Contribute 1,000 Amtrak Guest Rewards points for 3,966 pounds of CO2

POINTS SUBTRACTED: 1,000 points

1 Like