Swimming

Today I bought swimming trunks and clippers (the hair-cutting kind). They are connected, actually.

I got a membership at the YMCA in Berkeley because they have a pool (well, three pools, one of which is being retrofitted). I have been meaning to do this for a while, I intend to start swimming regularly. I really enjoy it, and I don’t exercise habitually, so hopefully this will become my habit.

I shaved my head, for a plethora of reasons, the two that I will share being that it is starting to get warmer, and that I would rather my beautiful hair become compost than be confined to a swimming cap. Also, I have no idea how to use a swim cap, and it seems like a huge hassle to make me look silly, so that wasn’t something I wanted to do.

There are lots of swimming classes there, but I am mostly in it to swim laps. Also, to create infographics of my laps. :slight_smile:

One thing that really interests me is that the pool is open from 5AM to 10PM on weekdays. That means I can take lunchtime swims (9PM to 10PM), or swim before bed (5AM to 6AM) with out that many people being at the pool. That really appeals to me.

Now all I have to do is sleep with three women, start drinking massive amounts of liquor and smoke until I cough up my lung each morning and I will be that much closer to being like Don Draper.

Or not.